HR Department Startups
We will act as your in-house HR department until which time you need to hire either a part time or full time HR Professional, which we can train for you.
Are you thinking of hiring your first in-house HR professional and not sure what you need? Do you know what type of person, skills, experience, and knowledge is required for your organization? And the compensation rate for the person?
Let us help.
We will act as your in-house HR department until which time you need to hire either a part-time or full-time HR Professional, which we can train for you.
Our HR Department Startup Services are very popular and include evaluation and development of Client’s in-house Human Resources function to create a solid foundation for future staffing of the HR role. Often times we find our client’s vision of the HR role does not match the requirements needed based on the organization's size, industry, and culture. Hiring an under or overqualified professional can be very costly. We help you get it right the first time!
HR Department Startup Services
- Our Consultants interface directly with your employees and leadership team as well as any third parties responsible for key functions such as benefits, payroll, and management.
- Evaluate existing Human Resources policies, procedures & practices. Audit key HR functions including records maintenance, recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, progressive discipline and performance management, leaves of absence and terminations.
- Act as in-house HR professional, handling day to day issues that arise. Make recommendations for policies and procedures, develop customized forms to assist with administrative issues, prepare communications to clarify or roll out policies and procedures.
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations as needed in areas relating to Federal, State and general employment regulations to ensure compliance with notice and posting requirements, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Immigration Law, COBRA; and other applicable requirements. Any legal matters will be referred, upon
authorization by Client, to an attorney for legal guidance.
- Assess current HR functionalities. Make recommendations to develop HR role(s), outline areas of accountability, and determine expertise and experience required.
- Work with client to recruit, interview and determine qualifications of HR candidates.
Related to: HR Consultant, HR Consulting Firm, Human Resource Services, HR Professionals, Discrimination Training, Harassment Training
Further Reading: HR Department Startups
HR Department Startups FAQs
Recruiting top workers should be a priority for every business, and your company should be no different. However, locating and attracting top talent is more competitive than ever.
Employers turn to HR consulting firms that can assist with Hiring & Recruiting for many different reasons and we find that there are a variety of circumstances that lead a company to require professional hiring & recruiting services.
Most often, employers utilize our services when one or more of the following is the case:
- They need assistance in analyzing the required duties and requirements of the position.
- They aren’t sure of the skills, experience and compensation range required for the position.
- They don’t have enough time to recruit the open position.
- They have had trouble filling the job for an extended period.
- They do not have internal staff who are proficient in interviewing who may be unaware of employment laws affecting recruiting and interviewing.
- They have seen high turnover rates for the position and seek expert help.
We look forward to working with TPS Group next year
As another year ends, I want to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to you and TPS Group for assigning us Krista Blier. Krista provides exceptional customer service and has been a major asset to me and Lynch, Traub, Keefe & Errante, P.C. She is extremely knowledgeable and always accessible. Always on top of the RMD’s, giving me an explanation on form 5500-SF to present to Mr. Keefe & keeping us updated with any account changes as well as specifics. It is a relief knowing I have full faith in Krista and can turn a blind eye to our account. I cannot tell you how many vendors/brokers I have to stay on top of and babysit to make sure our deadlines are met and to perform their job duties. Krista is a pleasure to work with and we look forward to working with her and TPS Group next year.
- Michael Panela
Highly impressed with their level of expertise and outstanding customer service.
I highly recommend TPS Group and their quality third-party administration for our 403(b) plan. During our long relationship with TPS Group, we have never failed to be impressed with their level of expertise and outstanding customer service. They keep their promises and it’s easy to work with them. Having our own rep Lauren McNabb is a plus!
- Don Senecal
"Extremely Helpful to Our Business"
Malinda deserves special recognition. She is prompt, courteous, and professional. We find her to be extremely helpful to our business.
- Angela Simino
"Wonderful To Work With"
My go to professional is Des. A wonderful person to work with. We can count on him to handle all of our needs.
- Andrea Blakeslee
"Answers All Of My Questions In A Clear Manner"
Our case administrator, Susan, has been absolutely wonderful and is a joy to work with. She is very knowledgeable, patient, answers all of my questions in a clear manner, and is professional.
- Kathy Townsend
They are a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend their services.
For many years we’ve relied on TPS Group’s extensive knowledge and industry expertise to keep us in compliance with state and federal regulations as well as changes in the law. Their attention to detail is just what we need to keep our business operations running smoothly. They are a pleasure to work with and we highly recommend their services.
- Dan Neal
Knowledge and Expertise
Excellent customer service can be hard to find, but not with TPS Group! I know when I do business with Phil Coco, I can expect a quick response. I rely on his knowledge and expertise, and highly recommend TPS Group for their pension services.
- Mark Catullo
The Latest News
Cycle 3 Restatements: Here’s What You Need to Know
Posted on Sep 16, 2021
The Internal Revenue service requires all qualified retirement plans to update their plan documents every 6 years, in a formal process called a “plan restatement.” For defined contribution plans, the most recent restatement cycle (called Cycle 3) opened on August 1, 2020 and will close on July 31, 2022. »
Going Paperless with Retirement Plans
Posted on Aug 23, 2021
Is the move to more virtual technology the right course of action? In making the decision for e-delivery, it’s important for plan sponsors to weigh cost savings with cybersecurity risks and the technical capabilities of employees. »
New IRS Rules to Correct Plan Failures
Posted on Jul 23, 2021
Retirement plan sponsors and those who work to correct plan failures need to know that as of July 16, 2021, the IRS has extended the self-correction period of significant operational failures from two to three years. Rev. Proc. 2021-30 also has a series of updates that include two new benefit overpayment correction methods. »